Our dedicated team of qualified, experienced and registered teachers/kaiako in our early childhood centre work together to provide a high quality child care programme for all children during school terms.
Our teachers/kaiako are passionate about children’s early learning and participate in on-going professional development to ensure they continue to deliver the best possible quality of care and education.
Our low ratio of 1:7 allows teachers/kaiako to work with individual and small groups of children throughout the day. All teachers/kaiako hold First Aid Certificates.
To inspire young children to have a passion for learning and develop to their fullest potential.
Beachcomber Kindergarten is your child’s workshop where we believe young children learn best through play.
Our quality environment encourages participation and learning through independent and co-operative play, in our friendly, mixed age setting, where all families and whanau are welcome.
We have a supportive team who ‘foster respectful, responsive and reciprocal relationships’ with children, families and the wider community. These warm relationships encourage a sense of belonging, trust and respect for others, and supports dispositions for lifelong learning.
Each child’s uniqueness and culture is valued in our safe, caring and inclusive environment, where children can explore, have fun and make friends.
– Established as a casual creche by The Saint Johns church
– Named after “The Beachcomber” a parish newsletter
– Christine Philippe begins working at the Beachcomber Kindergarten
– Centre grows to have a regular roll and offer 5 weekly sessions
– Ministry of Education revamps early childhood education “Tomorrows Schools”
– Quality standards, policies and charters are introduced for early childhood education
– Christine Phillipe takes ownership of the Beachcomber Kindergarten name and resources from the parish council
– Property at 95 Hutchinson Road purchased and renovations begin
– New Beachcomber Kindergarten centre officially opens
– Beachcomber’s growth and popularity leads to obtaining full-day licence
– Further renovations to add an office/staffroom, rear deck and additional entrance.